The Closet Moderate: THIS FUCKING GUY OH MY GOD

Monday, December 07, 2009

THIS FUCKING GUY OH MY GOD

and this is what I did to your daughter's boobs
I don't like Thomas Friedman, and I'm pretty up front about that. I don't know the guy personally, but he strikes me as one of those folks who had a moment of excellence a while back, and since then has become some sort of human alchemical process through which information is transformed into idiocy. I wouldn't consider it a problem if the NYT didn't afford him a mechanism for turning his personal stupidity into our collective stupidity. I'm a fan of Bill Clinton, but even he thinks T-Fried is a "gifted journalist."

Now I know what you're thinking: this Statler fellow is just some grumpy Muppet named after a hotel, out to make Thomas Friedman his Fozzie Bear. And that's all true, as far as it goes. But let me make my case to you, as briefly as I can:The prosecution rests.

[Photo: on Meet the Press, Thomas Friedman, a three-time Pulitzer winner and NYT op-ed columnist, explains how his date with your daughter went.]

No comments: