The Closet Moderate: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

This book, which is not out yet, has been burning up the internets with its hilarious name and concept. My wife pointed out that it has excellent cross-gender appeal, so all of our readers should be interested. I have decided that the best thing about it is the catchy name, which I also think should be a new internet "meme". I give you, in the spirit of the Mcsweeney's list, "X and Y and Zombies":

Hannity and Colmes and zombies
tax and spend and zombies
shock and awe and zombies
mac and cheese and zombies
Being and Time and Zombies (by Martin Heidegger and Seth Grahame-Smith)
Turner and Hooch and Zombies
lions and tigers and bears and zombies, oh my!
huey lewis and the news and zombies
love and marriage and zombies
rock 'n' roll 'n' zombies
fear and loathing and zombies
lock and load and zombies



4 comments:

Silent Cal said...

Fuss and Feathers and Zombies: the Life (and Un-Death) of General Winfield Scott.

Anonymous said...

Well, War and Peace and Zombies, obviously. Also Fathers and Sons and Zombies; Sons and Lovers and Zombies; The Old Man and the Sea and Zombies; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Zombies; The Best and the Brightest and Zombies; etc., etc.

"I now pronounce you man and wife and zombies." (Love, honor, and obey and zombies?)

And, of course, the immortal opening of Aeneid II: Turnus' Revenge -- "I sing of arms and the man and zombies."

Herodotus said...

Looking at my bookshelf, I have a few more to add:
Franny and Zooey and Zombies
Light, Magnetism, and Electricity and Zombies
The Simpsons and Philosophy and Zombies
Life, The Universe, and Everything and Zombies
Crime and Punishment and Zombies
The Beautiful and the Damned and Zombies
Beyond Good and Evil and Zombies

Waldorf said...

Appropriately, I am performing a bit of thread necromancy here.

From my bookshelf:

One Hundred Years of Solitude and Zombies

Probability and Statistics and Zombies

Banker to the Poor and Zombies

The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information and Zombies

The Audacity of Hope and Zombies